STEPS is a multidisciplinary research consortium, part of the Institute of Transportation Studies at UC Davis. Guiding principles:
- Research: generate new insights and tools, grounded in technical and economic realities, to study the sustainable transportation energy future for California, the U.S. and the world
- Outreach: bring together the world's leading auto OEMs, energy companies, and government agencies to collaborate on sustainable vehicle and energy solutions; inform industry planning and government policy with timely and sophisticated science-based analysis
- Education: train the next generation of sustainable transportation and energy leaders.
STEPS has embarked on a new 2015-2018 Program:
- Initiating Transitions: 2015-2030
- Future of Fuels and the Oil and Gas Industry
- GUSTo: Global Urban Sustainable Transport
- MAVRIC: Modeling Analysis, Verification, Regulatory and International Comparisons
STEPS continues research across interdisciplinary energy pathways and cross-comparative areas.